View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-08-15, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Yeah, pickups, SUVs, I don't like any of them. Unless you really need it, get a car.
Well, it's *not* the vehicle that's at fault, of course. It's the idiot 'in' it. Lots of people here have good reason to 'have' such vehicles. I just find an inordinate number of rude drivers that just happen to be in pickups. 'Acting' like a redneck is not a strict requirement, even for those who actually happen to 'be' rednecks. Grrr.

Quote:
When was that though? In my driving school we were taught to use the signal all the time, its a good habit, simply because you cannot always see the other drivers, and pedestrians around you.
Yes, I do agree. I feel that it's always wise to use one's signal. It certainly can't *hurt* to do so; it's indeed a good habit to get into; and sometimes it won't be a car that sees your signal, but a pedestrian.

I know of a 13 yr.old on a bicycle who was killed on the spot by a car making a right turn onto a busy street... probably without signalling. Poor kid.

The kid's friend raced to the injured boy's nearby house and got his father. The boy went into spasms in his father's arms and died on the spot. It was just... horrible.