View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-30, 21:24

For reference, the O.G. Bridgeport Arena:

That was pretty big for its time, but I think we need something much bigger now. The original Arena had chests hidden under the sand with weapons and armor, and of course its successor needs something like that as well. If it's bigger, I also imagine building American Gladiator-style obstacles for taking cover, running around, etc.

I have had some recent ideas for continued expansion of Bradtropolis into that entire swamp region to the east. Maybe Arena 2.0 would go out there? Or maybe on the north side of the canal instead? Keeping it far from civilization, farms, or mass storage areas (i.e. places with lots of item frames, chests, hoppers, and signs) to keep participant FPS/performance high should be a key factor in deciding the location.

Hmmm... Now that I'm typing out these thoughts, I wonder if an underground arena might work. It could have an ornate structure for an above-ground entrance, of course, but by digging down, it could sprawl out a far greater area without taking up precious surface land.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.