View Single Post
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-09-13, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Weird. I'm on a 2+ year old hackintosh (Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 512 MB GeForce 9800, Mac OS X 10.6.8) and rarely have problems. At least, I certainly don't have any more performance issues than I've had with vanilla Minecraft.

What settings are you guys using? I use the "normal" viewing distance, graphics set to "fast", advanced OpenGL off, and "performance" set to VSync. I also tend to quit most other running apps and only have iTunes and Chrome (usually with a few tabs on wiki pages) in the background.

The only lagging I encounter tends to be due to network congestion, as far as I can tell. I have network and CPU monitors in the menu bar, and I'm never maxing out the CPU on my machine.
I haven't tweaked my settings in Optifine enough yet. I ws stubborn and insisted on the settings I had on the vanilla MC (far, fancy, etc. ). I'll have to make some tweaks, but the CPU doesn't seem to be the issue. Seemed to be RAM (Safari and Tekkit don't play nice) and network congestion.

Turns out I guessed wrong on my graphics card and it was a Geforce GTX 260 1GB instead. So yeah, I shouldn't be having issues.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.