View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-04, 17:12

I'll concede the i3 thing. If that's equivalent, or better, performance than what he had in the processor department, fine.

They boned him on the hard drive, and he should have the equivalent Fusion Drive he originally spec'd/paid for on his original machine (and then give him the option to go to 16GB of RAM for a reasonable $100 or so, half the $200 they currently charge, just to help offset the hassle/pain-in-the-butt this has been for him).

They don't know, and it shouldn't even matter, how he's booting/using the thing. Going from a Fusion Drive back to the 5400rpm spinners is a step down, period, and they should know that.

Apple can somehow manage to be the most luxury, premium AND chintziest, nickel-and-diming outfit on the planet. For the prices they charge, some of their base, core features/specs should sing a little more, IMO. And in situations like this, they shouldn't feel comfortable giving the man less than what he already had in the storage department (capacity or drive type). Again, his Fusion Drive didn't come stock on his machine...he knew he wanted that, and went out of his way to spec, and pay for, that tech. That's what Apple should replace it with.

But I guess you don't become a $1T company by being all Gandhi/Santa Claus about everything, huh?