View Single Post
Doramius

2008-03-28, 17:49

Is there a hidden warehouse that Apple has?

I've had a 23" HD Cinema Display (ADC style) for quite a few years. I was recently given a 22" Cinema Display (also ADC), but the screen looked like it was shot with a BB gun.

I can find the replacement panel for my monitor fine, but I don't need a replacement for the 23". I need a replacement for the 22" and that's been a total disappointment. The LM220W1 A2MN exists, but nobody has it, or they want you to buy 3. It's like there's a hidden warehouse and they only sell to repair shops who will charge twice the co$t to replace something where I can buy 3 of for $500. If I got all 3, who would I sell it to?

I went to a couple of places that will sell a working pull in good condition for $150, but require a minimum purchase of $300. and they only have 1 in stock. What else am I going to buy from them?

Anyone know where I can find such a part, or is there an Apple place to get this part that I don't know of?

And these same places have my replacement panel (LM230W01 A2 P3) for about the same price, so I have lightly contemplated getting a replacement screen for that unit, just so I have spare parts.....but WHY? Maybe hold onto it, just in case I can sell it?

Sorry for the rant, but it's been a long 5 weeks looking for this thing and my sources are dry. Thanks for any help in advance.