View Single Post
GSpotter
Veteran Member

2011-02-05, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
I would need to add the 16-35mm F4 VR or 14-24mm F2.8G, although I'm leaning towards the former because it can take filers.
It also has a more versatile range. The 14-24 is really a specialized super wide angle zoom. I sometimes use my 16-35 as a walkaround lens, when I expect more wideangle subjects.

Regarding the D700 and its successors: I bought the D700 rather late (I expected / hoped for a D700s last spring). But I'm still very happy with this 'old' camera. I think it's the first DSLR where I have the feeling it will be "good enough" for quite some time.

I also do not understand this megapixel race anymore. I just recently had two pictures printed on a 50x75cm canvas (20x30"). I cropped the original picture to about 7.5 megapixel and I think the outcome looks great (see my computer setup pic).

To really get an advantage from these ever increasing megapixels, you have to use the best glass (which will dwarf the costs of the body) and preferrably a sturdy tripod etc. - and you will only see the differences in mega prints...

My photos @ flickr
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either. -- Benjamin Franklin