View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2011-02-23, 06:33

I think between the lens and the body, it's two stops: I swear Nikon's glass looks about 1/3 stop brighter, tons more neutral, and much sharper wide open, that's worth about a stop in how you actually use it, and the files you get from it. But, you're right. I don't see another DX primary camera in the future. I'd go for a cheap DX secondary though. Something for the 70-200 to live on. Maybe that's the D300 I already have, though I might sell it, with the lens to offset an FX rig this year.

March approaches, but maybe we don't see a thing until August. I read something recently (forget which mag) that the move of PMA to the fall was a big win for manufacturers. (that's Canon and Nikon as far as the industry is concerned, and maybe Sony). Might mean they all let it be known that they'd all have more interesting wares in the fall...

I want my FX!!!

Get my press credentials in a couple of weeks

Need to find a bag. I'm thinking either a back-pack or a sling. I'm using this leatherette 90's era camcorder bag. It's a domke-esque shape, but smaller. It doesn't fit the 70-200, so I carry that in it's lens case on a shoulder strap. Bad arrangement. It interferes with shooting too much. A sling pack over the left shoulder seems to make more sense, I wonder if most of them are Lefty, Righty, or ambidexterous...

Last edited by Matsu : 2011-02-23 at 06:46.