View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-09, 16:26

Probably isn’t practical but I don’t think hundreds per store would be anywhere the number needed.

It would only be for under warranty Macs that are to be gone from the customer for more than, say, 2-3 days? It wouldn’t be a free-for-all where everyone who came in got one. Nobody’s getting a loaner Mac for an afternoon or one day....that’s barely time to get it set up to your liking, etc. And anyone can go one day or so. And there might even be those who’d decline because they do have another Mac, they don’t want the hassle of setup, etc. I could easily go without for a week or so. As long as I had my iPhone I’d do okay and feel “connected”. I’d probably decline a loaner unless I was looking at a full 7-10 days and I had some pressing work looming. Otherwise, I’d enjoy the downtime and rest my eyes a bit.

Strictly a “your brand new Mac has to go to the shop for a week or more; do you need a loaner?” thing. I’d like to imagine that wasn’t too widespread of a scenario.

Just specific cases like kieran’s, and I wonder how many of those happen in the course of a week? I don’t know.

Good thing he has an iMac.

EDIT: iOS’s auto-correct just kinda has a mind of its own, huh? Good grief, how is it worse now than a decade ago?!