View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-02, 23:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Never believe anyone who claims they can "spot reduce" or "target" something like belly fat. They're selling snake oil. I didn't watch any farther after reading the (clickbait?) title of that video.
Well, I hate to call you on this one, but the dude says precisely the opposite—that you cannot target belly fat—23 seconds into the video. The entire point of the video is exactly that. Yes, it's a click-bait title, but this guy never once tries to convince anyone that you can do so. He goes into detail about how the body burns fat from all over, but that belly fat is just among the last to go. So, the emphaisis of the video is on proper diet, calorie deficit (including fasting), and weight-training to further burn off glycogen stores so that your body will metabolize stored fat from all over, eventually leading to reduced belly fat. Basically, he says that you have to work through all of the other fat before you can truly target those stubborn remains on the midriff.

In other words, Brad, he says exactly what you just said.

Which is why I linked the video, by the way.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2021-02-02 at 23:43.