View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-14, 10:17

So if I built social.anmc.applenova.com I could have @turtle@social.anmc.applenova.com as my username. If anyone from mastodon.social messages me, it would have to be to the full @turtle@social.anmc.applenova.com. My messages, DMs (or whatever they are called) and history in general would reside on the server for social.anmc.applenova.com. If I pull the plug on that server then all the history is lost? The internet will forget (maybe lament) the passing of the history/data?

I could create @turtle@mastodon.social but it isn't the same and won't have the history right?

However if I did that can had our anmc server running then I could friend myself and pump myself up and inflate my own ego right? (Trump needs to read this.... oh wait, nevermind.). Really though, these are different users on different servers so if they did communicate and I pulled the plug on social.anmc then would @turtle@mastodon.social lose the history with social.anmc?

* Side note: I don't have DNS abilities for applenova.com, just using it as an example.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.