View Single Post
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-09-15, 04:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
1. Will it reduce the life of my pbooks CPU?
My guess is yes, but minimal. I would say you are more likely to do damage by moving your PB around the place....

Quote:
2. If I choose to download which client should I do?(grpahical client. screensaver, or text console)
I have the graphical client going - this runs constantly so will ge the best folding results. It may however slow you down slightly, and I mean slightly as CPU cycles are reallocated. Screensaver will mean it will only run when you are definately doing nothing on your machine. Use the console if you are terminal whizz.

Quote:
3. Alcimedes, by what you meant by not running pbook at 100%, did you mean not running it 24/7?
I am guessing he meant that you can (I think) set it so that the machine will not use all the available CPU, and will leave some "spare". This will help reduce the amount of heat.

Quote:
4. Just for clarification I can run it whenever I want right?
The moment you sleep folding stops. You can quit folding and it will revert to its last save point. You can set this from between 3-30mins in the preferences. If I know I am going to shutdown my machine I wait for a milestone before shutting down (especially if the WU's are large)

Join the "team", you know you want to!

DISCLAIMER: All the above could be complete arse. No effort has been made to ensure it is true. Use the advice at your own risk!

Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress