View Single Post
¡Damned!

2019-12-09, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I just watched the fifth episode, and…

hmm…

I hope this one was a fluke. It felt like a 100% "filler" episode. Unless I blinked and missed something, there was zero plot or character development in this episode, and you could easily skip the whole episode and not miss a beat. Other than a small moment of foreshadowing at the end and the cameo by the lovely Amy Sedaris…
A lot of fan service regarding Ep. IV in this one so I enjoyed it quite a bit. The cantina, the booth with the gunslinger kid sitting legs-up Solo style (even his blaster was very Solo-esque), location callouts (beyond the Dune Sea, Beggar's Canyon), the encounter with the Sand People (I was sure that a Raider was going to pop up in front of the binocs. Close, but not quite), etc. That's just off the top of my head from watching it last night... I'm sure there's tons more. Plus the cinematography in this episode was just great.

I thought the previous episode (the fish-farmers) was a bit of a throwaway, honestly. I'm sure the badass fighter woman will show up again, but the possessed AT-ST was just weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Spoiler (click to toggle):
…anyone else of potential interest is gone by the end of the episode.
I don't believe that Agent May is really dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I think the important part of episode 5 is WHERE he is...
Indeed. And since this is set after Ep. VI I think that bit of foreshadowing Brad mentions is
the return of our favorite Mando in name only. Sarlacc scratched armor and all.

So it goes.