View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-03-26, 15:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post
But I have a better self, one who wants to focus on being helpful, talking to my family, smiling and nodding at the people I pass on the street (even as I dodge out of the way). I realize I don't exactly live in "America" at the moment, I live in Rockridge, a neighborhood in North Oakland. And kindness can be a different kind of transmissible enitity.
Yes.

I realize I don't exactly live in "America" at the moment, I live in Ada County, immediately south of Boise, Idaho.

I will keep going in to work because we are one of the last Apple shops left open in the entire state, and people need their gear. We will be as nice as we can, we will fix stuff, we will support old folks trying to get their Facetime working, and we will prevail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post
But then there are as many or more examples of people coming together, behaving altruistically, uniting as a community, looking out for the helpless, volunteering, etc.
And, yes, I'll dive in on some of that myself.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)