Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2014-09-09, 16:45

The first film here, “Reveal”, does a good job of showing off this gorgeous new watch. Only two minutes long. Go watch.

The second one, “Introducing Apple Watch”, shows the novel user interface. It’s clever.

The third one, “Health and Fitness”, I haven’t yet watched, because I don’t really do health and fitness – at least in this ditzy Californian way.

Re the missing GPS receiver: I believe that would use too much energy to be viable. Already the battery demands of this Apple Watch must be at the very limits of the technologically feasible. I fear the battery will barely make it through a day.

My initial impression is that this watch will appeal to a wide variety of people. The technology is impressive in itself, and the design and materials will appeal to the kind of people who buy lifestyle magazines – which is an awful lot of people. And remember: among the fashion set the iPhone already has an approximately 100 % market share. So the fact that the Watch needs an iPhone may not be a great inconvenience.

I am shocked at how much it appeals to me!

Starting at $349.

… engrossed in such factional acts as dreaming different dreams.