Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-09-09, 19:25

I am very much looking forward to getting one of these. I've been holding out on getting a watch for a long time and was planning to get a Fitbit Force. I use a Fitbit Ultra and it's falling apart to say the least. I'll happily move to an Apple device that means I don't have to pull my phone out more than really needed. Right now I'm using it as a pocket watch more than anything.

I personally love the design of the watch though I do wish they made one with the crown/button on the other side. I'm odd like that I know. I've gotten used to using watches the wrong way.

One thing that wasn't clear was using the watch as a phone. Am I going to be talking to this thing like Penny in Inspector Gadget?

Either way, I love all the features and it looks like a device that will fill several gaps I currently have. With a 5S, I'm not compelled to upgrade to a 6 with this Watch because I will have NFC/Pay built into the watch. Most of the features I would really want are going to be available via an app on Watch too.

Now I just need to talk Mrs T into getting one. She doesn't like watches really and I would love to be able to tap to her like they demoed on stage. Again, faster than texting.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.