View Single Post
¡Damned!

2019-06-19, 14:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
When it comes time to the actual 1.14 update itself, now that we’ve had some time to think about it, what are all your opinions on using a new seed? Have any of you started exploring any random seeds that you think might be a good fit around our expansive borders?
As much as I like our current seed it's probably time for a new one. Good for the soul and all that.

MineAtlas might still work at discovering random seeds. I don't think it's been updated for a while or even if it translates to world-gen in 1.14.

[edit]: It does work, kinda. The landmasses and oceans are right, but the temple/monument/village locations are hit and miss, which doesn't really matter for this I guess. I was spinning through some random seeds looking for lots of water with all biomes somewhat nearby, and this seed was pretty great (and the one I tested): -583555408862410. *Note: the site is pretty wonky... make sure to hit the 'Permalink' button to get the actual seed number (the number displayed tends to stick and doesn't always show the seed being viewed).

[edit2]: This tool shows the region outlines, which is helpful to compare with our trim. -665878804059995005 is a nice, watery weird seed.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2019-06-19 at 21:20.