Thread: Wwdc 2021
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-05-11, 05:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
But surely that decision was made by Apple long before the M1 launched. While the chips may have just gone into production a few months ago, the plan has been settled since the M1 was unveiled.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Yes, the MacBook Pro and the higher end MacBook/iMac configs are likely next in line for updates. But the latest Mac Pro is VERY new technology, designed by people who knew the M-series processors were coming. This isn't like they are reinventing the wheel here. The way they address the RAM issue in the high end Macs is very likely ready to go now, and moving to a smaller Cube-like enclosure isn't the same as rearchitecting the garbage can Mac Pro back into the modernist cheese-grater.

I know I'm stepping out on a limb here, but I still believe we see the smaller Mac Pro (or whatever it's called) this year.
But that's exactly what makes the "small Mac Pro" rumor so puzzling.

Do they just enjoy putting a lot of R&D into products that take years to prepare, don't really take the world by storm, and then… are one-offs?