Thread: Wwdc 2021
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-11, 09:06

I'll go out on my own limb and say that I can easily see Apple moving away from that ultra high-end, expensive market and kinda going back to what they had in the G4/G5 days...a reasonably-sized (and priced) tower that allows reasonable modification/upgrading and in the $2,500-3,500 range.

I truly believe this current Mac Pro, and that accompanying display, aren't long for this world. Maybe another year or so, max. Just a gut hunch. Check back next summer and we'll see what's what.

Then again, maybe these things, because they are so high-end (and expensive) are selling better than I assume to the very companies that need such muscle). I know I've yet to see any in the wild at any of the places I stop by, visit or do freelance work for. Granted, I haven't been doing much stopping by/visiting this past year or so. But before things went sideways, all I ever saw were 27" iMacs (not even the pro), lots of 15-16" MacBook Pros and then boatloads of Mac Pro (the old-style cheese grater/G5 design). I will admit that I don't work with high-end animation/3D/modeling/video-based outfits, so maybe I'm not going to see these current Mac Pros in the joints I go to anyway.

It's entirely possible that I may be no barometer whatsoever.