Thread: Wwdc 2021
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-24, 18:01

While WWDC is a sensible, reasonable venue for such a Mac's unveiling (developers + next-generation, pro-level notebooks), that Prosser guy appears to be more in the "miss" column than "hit", so I wouldn't go placing any large bets on it. We'll see soon enough.

EDIT: Read Prosser’s Tweet. While it’s replying to another tweet re: new, next-generation MacBook Pros at WWDC, note what he actually writes.

“i can confirm macbook pro is coming”

Well no shit. So can I. At some point between tonight and, say, September 26 2024, there will be a new, redesigned MacBook Pro!

Hey, I’m a leaker and Apple pundit!

I know, I know. It’s referring to that other Tweet. But I like how he opted to leave off “WWDC” or “in two weeks” or anything else that holds him to anything.

If WWDC comes and goes with no new notebooks, it makes it really easy for him to say “hey, all I said was new MacBook Pros were coming. I never said when, and I never blatantly specified WWDC! Show me where I did.”

I believe he’s already done this sort of thing on a couple of occasions (missed a big call and proceeded to blame other factors, make excuses, exploit any wiggle room lurking in his phrasing, etc.).

Honestly, I’ll believe it when I see it. The Apple rumor/leak racket is nothing like it once was. Any puddinghead with a Twitter account can say anything and get coverage/attention. Even if said puddinghead has a spotty track record of accuracy and insight.

Would be cool if he’s right, and I hope he is.

Even a broken clock…

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-05-25 at 09:13.