View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-03, 16:19

It seems I'm not alone in my confusion and "WTF?!"-ification. That's encouraging...it's not just me, then.

Yeah, something's off here. Either this is some mid-range "Pro Junior" type of offering for the 14" and 16" (and new Mac Pro and rumored "Mac mini Pro") crowd, and/or the writer doesn't have any info/leaks re: a true "consumer-oriented" sub-$1,000 display.

Nobody I know with a mini or MacBook Air (or 13" MacBook Pro, Intel or M1) is looking to drop $2,500 on a damn monitor, I don't care whose logo is on it.

@709

This is a weirdo rumor. If the phrase "consumer-oriented" hadn't been included in the article, I never would've blinked. I would've just thought "oh, cool...a less-expensive option for some pros and that "advanced hobbyist" market...right on, they're offering those folks something besides that $5,000+ craziness".

But, yeah...$2,500 displays aren't "consumer" territory, in any solar system. Get it down to three digits and we'll talk. As Ken says, they make an entire 24" system, with a computer included, for $1,299. So I refuse to believe they can't make a really nice 24" standalone display for well under $1,000 for actual consumer-level users.

Something about this story/leak is all screwed up, or missing significant chunks.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-01-03 at 16:38.