View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-03, 17:37

Yeah, accessories/peripherals are rarely twice the cost of the computer they're being used with. There might be some weirdo exception with some fancy drawing tablet or a super high-end scanner, but you know what I'm talking about. As a rule, add-ons are less. Usually quite a bit less. And certainly in that "regular person", consumer space of Safari/iTunes/FaceTime/iMovie/Garageband folks.

What are they (and I'm squarely in that group, so I'm not using "they" as any sort of slam/snark) going to do with a $2,500 monitor?!

Come on...

I think some people got drunk and posted some rumors. Or this Gurman guy is reading the tea leaves wrong, and/or working off some really boinked-up info.

I do find it interesting - troubling? - that neither he or MacRumors felt compelled to point out how ass-tearingly high $2,500 seems for a "consumer-oriented" monitor. Is that where we are now amongst the Apple blogger/press/rumor racket, that crazy stuff like that doesn't even elicit a double-take or "hey, wait a minute...this can't be right. 'Consumer' and '$2,500' typically don't appear in the same sentence".

Yeah, I don't even want to imagine what the stand (and wheels, and sequin dressing cape/dust cover, etc.) must go for.

And do you want all the green pixels? $600.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-01-03 at 17:55.