View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-01-04, 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Apple is no longer a high end computer company, they are a luxury brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
In a way Apple has always had that vibe, it just wasn’t as obvious to you?
Hm.

I don't think the latter is true. Things like the Apple Watch Edition were really more of an outlier at the time. I don't even really mind, as long as their other products don't suffer. I get the sense their Angela Ahrendts-era Store changes hurt more than they helped. Not just me, but Apple itself. You can have a high-end Watch, but don't call your stores "Apple Del Monte". It's a store, not a town square.

For the monitor situation, I really think it's more of a blind spot thing. I mean, they have to be aware that equipping their staff with $6k displays is kind of silly, and while they may be OK with doing that for their own engineers (compared to the kind of pay you have to give a Bay Area engineer, a $6k display is a bit of a nothingburger), there have to be internal discussions on what that means for the broader customer base.