View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-30, 17:41

For my build I went with the 48 port PoE because it limited the number of switches I needed. The one switch does it all for me. APs and cameras alll plug right in. Heck, I've even got a RaspberryPi with a PoE HAT on it plugged right into it.

For the cameras, I wanted to get the G4 Pros, but there were quality issues complained about thatI just can't justify it. I do have some of the G3 and G4 Instant cameras to play around with. They are great. I also use the doorbells and have them integrated into my HomeKit home too (via HomeBridge). I noticed they have a "Pro" doorbell now, but I don't need that so I won't be upgrading.

I like the G4 Dome and will be getting more of those.

The G3 Flex is ok but has such a narrow field of view. I use it on one specific thing since it is so limited. I'm not horribly disappointed in it, but the G3 Instant is a better camera.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.