View Single Post
¡Damned!

2022-09-09, 16:10

Still limping along with FontExplorer X as well Drew, and not looking forward to making the switch either. It's a daunting prospect but it's looming - I get a double warning every time I open FEX now and have to quit out of it after I activate fonts or it freezes up.

From what I've gathered RightFont and TypeFace are the main contenders ($59 and $36 respectively, each with free upgrades for 12 months), with FontBase as the best 'free' app. I'm leaning towards TypeFace as it's not locked to a single machine and they've made it a point to support PostScript fonts for as long as possible, which I'm gonna need for a while until I broach the next daunting task, which is converting a bunch of PostScript to OpenType. Don't even want to think about that yet.

Let me know what your experience is, as I haven't jumped into testing as much as I really need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
How big is "big" for font collections?
I just did a ⌘I on my Other Fonts folder and it says 18,587 items... so considering folders and that a bunch of those are old-school suitcase fonts that require 2 parts (earliest I saw just randomly opening was from Nov 1990 ) I'd say I have close to 10K. Barely a tenth of those are actively being used at this point though.

So it goes.