View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-09-22, 13:02

The real key to that article is the inverters isolating your solar power from the grid so you can't fry a lineman if the grid is down and you are back-feeding it.

Personally I would rather have a battery system than something like this configuration. With the battery system you have complete use of solar power during grid down AND a little bit of battery to cover outages when the sun is down too.

Of course, if you scale the batteries then you can have longer power outage coverage when the grid is down. Something like one of these would give the you enough to keep using solar when the grid is down.

On that note: I've been doing A LOT of research in this and really gained so knowledge on solar and batteries. I'm by no means an expert, but at least I have more than a clue now.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.