Thread: Pets v.2
View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-09-14, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
Pretty fun having a puppy in the house again. I kind of forgot how much work it is. Our last dog Sarah (the rottie), we adopted from the SPCA so we missed the early pup stuff... this little monster will chew anything. Boots, shoes, couches, the armrest in the van, the bottom of the kitchen table... good times.
Congratulations on finally getting a new puppy, murbeau. I'm *really* happy for you.

My dog acted like a puppy for almost two years - chewing, etc.; then, suddenly, she turned into an adult dog practically overnight. It was amazing.

A bit of advice: if you can, try to avoid adding up the monetary total of the stuff your puppy destroys. I mean, once it's done, it's done, right? Don't leave valuable stuff lying around. Make sure puppy has her own stuff to chew.

My brother's dog chewed up his brand new $400 dental mouth guard, and the power cord on his brand new table saw.

Make sure she gets lots of exercise and play, so that she is too worn-out most of the time to get into mischief. (Yeah, right. )

Have fun, and good luck.