View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-11-16, 16:46

The thing about the 1.18 improvements is that we wouldn't have to do a new world to get the "sub-bedrock" generation. So in theory, it will look like it was always there. It would impact the mob trap by adding caves that would be dark under it, but other than that it should be pretty nice to move our existing world into 1.18.

The blending of chunks also makes it seem like a same bet. I haven't seen a "before and after" but in the Minecraft Live video there were some tame examples. I'm not sure how far off it would be if there was an ocean chunk next to a mountain biome. It will be interesting to see how it handles the smoothing. My guess is the smoothing is in all the new chunks leaving the old chunks as they were so they don't wipe a portion of your existing build.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.