View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2021-12-21, 13:56

It's a good game. I sunk several hundreds of hours into it in the first year or so after its initial release. I haven't played it lately, but this thread bump kind of makes me want to dust off the old Switch and start all over again.

I'd say the DLC is definitely worth it if you enjoy the game. It doesn't make any major changes. It mostly just adds more of the same content, and that's generally a good thing. If you like DLC that introduces whole new mechanics or adds brand new stories, then it probably isn't for you. I think Master Mode is kind of dumb, on the other hand, because it just ratchets up the difficulty, absurdly so at the start of the game. That difficultly spike can force you to reevaluate your strategies and maybe go about the world more stealthily, but I already RP as a ninja anyway.

Amazingly, there are still people speed-running and modding the heck out of BotW. I saw someone even built a randomizer for it recently, though that requires emulation and a pretty beefy PC and GPU to run it, from what I understand.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.