View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2022-04-29, 05:18

hmmm... lots of other reporting on this, just highlighting the Obama example, but there's a definite trend in left and right follower count trends. Could be organic? Could be manipulation? I think so... to both

This young lady is interesting 'cause she posts the receipts: https://twitter.com/RVAwonk?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ct wgr%5Eauthor

It's hard to imagine that walking lumps of human shit like Majorie Taylor Green and Matt Gaetz could see their followers increase, but that's only if you're a more decent human being than I. Maybe someone with a more hopeful outlook of human nature? Whether gained through manipulation or legitimate following, neither speaks well of us. I can see both, because there has been ample evidence for both. People like Gaetz and Greene work the circuit relentlessly. Some will follow for the same reason they watch any number of train wrecks (real and metaphorical). Worse, others because they genuinely agree. Meh.

I don't even use twitter, and I haven't been a partisan for years... In any case it isn't a right or left wing echo chamber. It is an echo chamber, period. It simply hardens people's opinions and fuels modern tribalism. I shouldn't feel this whole dynamic in my body like some kind of weight. I've been writing something that captures my thoughts about where we are. I go to a few places online, with the illusion of anonymity - this being one of them - to sample people's thinking. I have nothing against any of you. I simply feel saddened by what I have seen over the last two years. It's been gnawing at me more than it should.

Last edited by Matsu : 2022-04-29 at 09:11.