View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-07-12, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I saw a hard right alcoholic acquaintance share the first of those two memes, with a flurry of her titterpated friends in rapid agreement.

I'm staying out of this shit. I wish Musk would too. What good does this do the world? Twitter is good for rapid news and partisan bickering. What points need to be made?

The "right" who love Twitter don't see it as bipartisan but heavily censored with the favor to liberals. That can't really be contested. The liberal management of Twitter is quick to ban things that are hard right where Antifa runs free. There isn't really free speech on that platform. Musk gave the promise that he would open a more real even free speech where the right could speak as freely as the left.

I'm not in this and personally don't care. While it is one account I still have in the social media world, it isn't one I use or even log into. I still only have the account for the AN member list I created long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
He’ll end up having to pay a $10M or whatever penalty on reneging on the contract, and the sad part is he still won’t care.
For him that is nothing. That is like you going to a coffee shop and buying a large coffee to his financial picture.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.