View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-12, 12:06

Seeing this thread be revived with a new name I had to see where it started. Found this post by me early on and realized that I still stand by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I have to say, though I am conservative and voted that way, I'm appalled by the actions and inactions of Trump. I can't believe we have been able to sit and watch the mob run through the Capitol and spit on America that way. That is not the actions of people trying to do the right thing or even stand up for truth. That was nothing more than a mob of whining and crying idiots. Hopefully those who broke the law will be held accountable.

It is truly saddening to see the honorable places in our country's governance be disgraced like this. I grew up in the DC area and have always had a very high respect for the buildings and those who worked in them even when I disagree with them politically speaking. I chose to support and defend our Constitution out of that same respect. I cannot believe the level of disrespect that is happening.

I also don't have all the facts, just media/blogs and they can only be trusted so much. There is more than enough, though, to show that it was truly a sad day for America.
Nice to see those who broke the law are being held accountable. I think the longest prison term so far is 7.5 years though I haven't really been following this. I do know, hopefully others will know not to do this again in the future, that is unless we are actually overthrowing a tyrannical government like the Constitution allows and requires.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.