View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-01-05, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I got everything for under $10k. Had the electricians install the transfer switch which is automatic and I ordered the generator and my cousin and I are installing it. They are very simple and straight forward to install. For my new network Unifi setup, I have a UPS in my rack to bridge that split second from electric to the generator so there's no hiccup.
That is good planning!

In Va Beach I ended up doing the manual route because as many tropical storms as we had, I just couldn't justify the additional cost. For me, we didn't have gas to begin with and adding it to the home would have just been one more bill. If I were to go new and had gas available I would have done it that way.

Once solar gets installed in my home now I'll have solar, batteries and propane central heat. This will allow me to run the propane heat off the batteries in the event of a "dark sky and grid down" situation. Otherwise, my panels will be able to generate enough to power the heat on their own.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.