View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2023-03-31, 15:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I'm also strongly against the Trump indictment, but for the opposite reason. What trump thrives on is publicity. And now, there's wall-to-wall coverage of him. He's the living embodiment of "all publicity is good publicity." I'd say it betters his chances of re-election, not worsens them.
This is all true — the press is eating it up, and he enjoys the martyrdom.

But "POTUS is not above the law" needs to be established as precedent. If not for Trump (or Nixon), then for people who follow them and feel free to break the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Also, what they're prosecuting him for is moderately inconsequential. If they were indicating him for orchestrating a coup on January 6th I might be in favour (although they should have done that a year ago) - but on a technicality of campaign finance / business expense reporting law? Weak sauce.
Agreed, but people get indicted for far less, and having committed a crime as part of his role in the coup may just be too hard to prove. Or it's yet to come.