View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2023-04-20, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
What a fun finale to season 3!

I couldn't stop grinning during certain parts.

I enjoyed it. Stuff actually happened/paid off. It didn’t do the jerkwit “cliffhanger” thing I’m so sick of. The previous seven eposodes actually kinda built to something. Here’s hoping season 4 gets back to a more focused, Mando (and his job)-centric approach. This season was the Bo Katan show. All that Mandalore stuff got old pretty quick. And, please…never another Elia Kane-centric episode. If I really need a fix of “girls who look like Joseph Gordon-Levitt”, I’ll go down to the nearby softball fields. Not a big fan of Dr. Pershing either. I don’t support that “Imperial amnesty” thing anyway. You don’t give Space Nazis grace and rehab, you line them against a wall and hand them a blindfold and a cigarette, or march them to the gallows. It’s amazing so many are willing to let them work back from their former life/occupation after all they killed, planets destroyed, terror waged, galactic bullying, oppression and cruelty they went along with/participated in. Can there at least be some daily ass-beating therapy, just in the interest of good sense and “they have it coming”? I do love all that jet-pack action. When a character can fly, at will, (even if it’s more Rocketeer vs. Superman), it adds a whole new layer of fun/possibilities to any scenario. Fighting on platforms or near cliff edges isn’t the high-risk/nail biting thing it would otherwise be. If you slip and fall off, so what? I wasn’t worried about Mando or Bo Katan squaring off against Gideon.

Little Grogu just can’t help bring cute. But I no longer worry about him. He obviously learned enough from Luke in their short time together that he can defend/protect himself (and those cares for) reliably enough. Him controlling that droid, and only using those two words, was a funny, running gag. I don’t think we’re far from him speaking. Next season? He obviously understands the words of others, he just doesn’t know how to put it together yet. Curious to see how they approach it. Is Yoda’s quirky, jumbled syntax a species-wide thing, or unique to just that character? Will they hire Frank Oz, telling him to “try and sound younger, more toddler-like”?

As for the dark saber, was that just a McGuffin all along? As much as it has been referenced and talked about, it’s broken like a Hasbro toy when it’s really needed/brought into battle. For two seasons it’s been endlessly talked about/sometimes used. It represented everything to some of those dopes, and it lasted two minutes, if that, into Bo Katan and Moff Gideon finally facing off and getting its moment to shine in the hands of the person it belonged to (and needed to be properly used against) She should’ve made him into a piñata with it! And he crushes it instead. Would be about like Luke never Force-pulling his saber from the snow on Hoth and the Wampa eating him alive instead. Don’t show it/build it up with backstory and lore if you’re not really gonna properly use it when it matters/counts! We’ve been led to believe that weapon was the end-all/be-all object in all this Mandalore stuff. It may as well have been a stormtrooper blaster.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2023-04-20 at 08:15.