View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-05-27, 14:01

There are a ton of angles to consider especially if you plan to add wind into the mix. Batteries will be a huge help for any outage, but if you charge from the grid they will not be eligible for the tax credit. They have to be 100% renewable charged for the credit. Not a big deal if you aren't planning on the tax credit, but something else to consider.

For the rack, your closet isn't a horrible idea if you can swing it. The temp would likely be more stable and the worst thing you might have to do is skim a little off the bottom of the closet door to allow air in for an exhaust fan lowing heat out.

Here is a more current version of my rack as of just a few weeks ago:

I had to put the UPS in there because while that circuit is under critical loads of the Powerwalls, the minor power drop during the switchover is enough to power cycle some of the systems. I found that out the hard way.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.