View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-05-05, 13:28

Applebee's...

"food sux lol ... but i still want dessert ... omg the waiter is so cute!!!"

But being serious for a moment...why bother? This is just the latest "thing", IMO. In 6-9 months, nobody's going to give a rip. MySpace fell by the wayside (18-24 months ago, it was the thing to be in/on). Then Facebook seemed to be the hot thing to go to (and everyone did). And now I've heard the word "Twitter" more in two months than I have in 40 years. Which, to me, means "comes on too fast, can't sustain...isn't meant for the long haul because people are too trendy/fickle", and there's always something newer/cooler around the corner.

Let's meet back here in one year (Cinco de Mayo, 2010) and see where Twitter is. Folks will have moved on to the Hot New ThingĀ®, I'm 96% sure...CNN, Ellen, Oprah and all the rest will be on to something else entirely (and won't be saying "Twitter" every seventh word), and all their followers will go right along with them. Twitter will be like MySpace, a few folks remaining behind and wishing someone would visit them or give a damn about what they have to say.