Thread: iPad 2
View Single Post
joveblue
Veteran Member

2010-06-21, 01:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh View Post
•Higher res screen with a smaller sized but high res screen, less expensive iPad and a 9.7 inch display with a bit better resolution.
I think a Retina display is a must-have for Apple now. Should be realistic by next year, I hope??

Quote:
•32 GB standard HD size, hopefully with an expansion slot.
They've never included an expansion slot on anything to date, so I'd be surprised if they started any time soon. An SD card slot might be cool, but mainly for uploading photos without the need for a separate camera connection kit.

Quote:
•1 GB of RAM just to shut up spec tards.
When has Apple ever done anything for that reason??? They don't even publish specs like this for iDevices.

Quote:
All of this and maybe more...especially because Apple needs to get ON this stuff now instead of later if they intend to keep way ahead of the copy-cats and spin-off products.
I don't think they're overly worried about the competition, more about making their own products as awesome as possible (even if that means leaving stuff out).

The main things I'd like to see in iPad 2 are: (1) 32GB standard, (2) Retina display (3) the ability to use it without a computer to sync to (and a back-up method, e.g. Time Machine). Anything else is a bonus . I haven't got an iPad yet, I'll most likely end up buying an iPad 2 when they're released.