View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2018-05-22, 00:27

I used to be a regular at so many forums, dating back to around 2000 at Ambrosia Software. I just checked and the Escape Velocity board is still (sort of) active! Then I got into Mac stuff, then switched to Windows and got into general tech, and now Reddit is kind of the place to be.

It's kind of sad that it's so impersonal. Give and take - you can ask just about any question and get an answer at Reddit, learn about practically anything there is to learn about; the wealth of knowledge contained there is incredible. But it's hard to have friends there except on the small subreddits.

Like others have said, Apple isn't really fertile ground for lively discussions anymore. PCs in general kind of aren't, or mobile devices. What is there to talk about? Whether Apple will increase the default storage on the MacBook Pro next revision?

I mean you can still come here and talk pop culture or more bleeding edge technology, but this is an Apple board and thus isn't really the first place most people think of when they want to discuss those things.

All that said, it's nice to see that this place still exists and a few people are still here.