View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-04-18, 00:49

Meet the newest member of my family (album here). We are a very proud family right now. She came weighing in at 7 pounds 3 ounces and is 36.5" long. She is a strong member of the family right off the start. I was given the birth certificate last Tuesday from my local range/gun shop. She was cleaned up and given a slow break in of 60 rounds.

Grouping was great. A little high and left, but I was forced to shoot from the standing position with only a counter to lean on. Having been trained in Olympic style shooting, I opted to use the standing position. My girl came with folding sights so I can mount a scope, but I rather enjoy the skill of shooting with open sights. At some point I'm sure I'll get a scope to improve her eyesight, but for now I'll test her youth and vigor.

Her stock and grip are upgrades from a standard LWRC AR-15. She was also equipped with a 30 round PMag. It just so happened that I also purchased 10 of those to keep it company. The keeper clip/dust cap are a major plus for holding rounds in the magazines over a longer time frame. She also comes with the MagPul rail grips too. They are really nice in keeping a good grip without tearing up your hand.

I think the best part is that she's a clean freak too. It's actually one of the biggest reasons I wanted to have this girl over any other. Here is a video and here's the write up that goes into more detail on the short stroke piston system. (Granted it's a sales pitch, but it's the best I could find at the moment.) The bottom line for me is that I don't have to wipe her butt as often.

So you might be asking yourself a question like my mother asked me when I showed her my new girl: why do you need a gun like that? Well then I asked why she needed a TV, or a DVD player, or a pool stick. I ask you the same thing, why do you need a PS3, or the iPod you have? This thread isn't about if it's right or wrong for me to have this gun, but to share in my excitement over it. I really don't care if you think I'm propagating "wild west ways" of doing things, I am military trained as well as law enforcement. I enjoy shooting for sport, and besides, I like duck hunting.

If you don't want to share in my excitement and think guns are evil please start a "guns suck" thread and stay out of this one. kthxbye.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.