Thread: iPad 2
View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2010-11-14, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by screensaver400 View Post
Apple A5 processor (Cortex A9?)
512 MB of RAM (Ideally 1GB, but that's not really necessary)
"Even Better" Screen (improved color reproduction or some such)
"Even Thinner" (0.5MM less)
FaceTime camera
32GB for $499, 64GB for $599, 128GB for $699 (maybe; may just be price drops on the other two)

That's my speculation.
"Even Lighter" would be better than "Even Thinner", albeit that the two largely go together.

I saw a figure that gave Apple 95% of the tablet market in the last quarter, without a definitely-viable competitor on the horizon. Samsung is reportedly talking with suppliers about reducing its purchasing commitments, given poor sales of the Galaxy Tab at the retail end. What else is there in the works? At the most, there are a few more mini-tablets definitely in the works (RIM, for example), but I am not sure that they even count fully as competition.

There is more to creating a great tablet than just stretching a touch-screen phone. My impression is that Apple's leading position with the iPad is different that it was with the iPhone - they are further out ahead with the iPad in technological implementation. There will be viable competition at some point, I expect, but given Apple's lead, their commanding position will likely remain for some time.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.