View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2010-08-21, 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
To be fair, the "Licensed..." line also contains his job description ("Psychologist"),
Yeah, but I'd merge that into the DBT/CBT bit.

Quote:
which probably should go next to his name and title, and not the contact info. Unless prohibited by any laws or professional organizations, my instinct would be to reword the line to read "Psychologist, NC License 3234." The most important takeaway from that line is "Psychologist"; "Licensed" is an (admittedly important) modifier and having the word twice on one line is redundant — as he has an NC License number, we can reasonably conclude that he is in fact licensed. Alternatively, tori could change the line to simply read "Psychologist" and put the license info where you say.
Agreed, but see above. "Specializing in DBT and CBT Psychology" or something.

Quote:
there's too many points of alignment as is (I'm not sure what the fish are aligned to).
Yep.

Quote:
I might be a bit too forward-thinking on this, but I'd question the need for a (physical) address on the card; how many people are going to visit the practice in person without calling, emailing, or visiting the website first? I'm with Iago on this one; business cards are all about that first instance of contact. I think of business cards as being for an individual, not a building/organization. Alternatively, the address could go on the back, with a larger fish "logo"; that way one side would represent tori and the other side his practice.
Going by that angle, I'm also not sure the fax needs to be on there.