Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-03-04, 08:26

Sony and Honda agreed to make a car.

Guess Apple didn't get the deal with Honda.

Really though, this seems so odd to me that Computer/Electronics companies want to be in the car building business. How often do people buy cars? My youngest car right now is 16 years old with my oldest being 24 and not a classic. Is the goal really to showcase their name as rolling billboards or is there really enough profit to make it seem like a good plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comment from Toshihiro Mibe, Director, President, Representative Executive Officer and CEO, Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
"The New Company will aim to stand at the forefront of innovation, evolution, and expansion of mobility around the world, by taking a broad and ambitious approach to creating value that exceeds the expectations and imagination of customers. We will do so by leveraging Honda's cutting-edge technology and know-how in relation to the environment and safety, while aligning the technological assets of both companies. Although Sony and Honda are companies that share many historical and cultural similarities, our areas of technological expertise are very different. Therefore, I believe this alliance which brings together the strengths of our two companies offers great possibilities for the future of mobility."
So we are getting a rolling Playstation/Carman?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.