Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-29, 08:54

Brad,
My first off the cuff guess is an injector issue. I hate thinking fuel first but this is my "gut response" to what I read.

If when it won't start the more descriptive version is the engine turns over like it should but just never fires up. This means the starting system (battery, starter etc...) are working as they should.

Not firing up is either fuel or spark. If once it is running you never encounter rough running, bogging down, misfires and such then it isn't likely a major fuel issue or a spark issue.

The reason I think injectors is if they bleed off their pressure it will take a little bit to build up the pressure to be able to deliver the proper amount of fuel to the cylinders.

If the lack of starting is that it won't turn over then it could be a number of things. Start solenoid, starter itself, spindle that engages the started to the flywheel....

Does the "turning over" sound "normal" when it won't start other than the lack of ignition?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.