View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-10-06, 17:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
The industry does settle it, and people speak with their wallets. If Lightning was doom-and-gloom, people wouldn't buy iPhones. They'd buy Android devices. If privacy was a concern, people would buy iPhones and not Android devices. You choose your poison and speak with your wallet. Thus, the industry has settled it. There are choices in the industry, and choices are good. Soon, there won't be a choice, and innovation will get disrupted because good ideas will be illegal.

By the way, what's the EU going to do with all those Lightning cables people will be bitching about not being able to use next year? Oh, yeah, they're all gonna wind up in the landfill.
I don't recall saying Lighting cables were evil, or doom and gloom, your words not mine. I just happen to like the idea of a standardize cable/device for charging rather than needing 5-10 differnt chargers and cables for different devices, that's the goal of this. I get it you guys are American and fear/hate government. It's okay. I hear Somalia is free of government, if you don't like it feel free to go there.

Last time I checked a device doesn't just stop working just because a new one comes out. Maybe I'm the outsider here, but I see buying a new phone every year far more wasteful the one cable that gets changed every 4-5 years.