View Single Post
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2008-03-20, 10:42

Yeah that's what I have and I'm very satisfied with it. (I've had Sony gear for 30 years!) I still wish it had more HDMI ports, I have TV, the DVR, 3 DVD (1 for foreign discs & a DVD recorder, not HD, that upscales) that use HDMI so I had to buy a switching box that's very glitchy.

I wasn't satisfied with the audio at first but then I realized it wasn't my system but the way studios mix certain DVDs.The 5.1 mixes on many DVDs seemed to be mixed for people listening to stereo. Cinemax & HBO's 5.1 mixes seem to take better advantage of the full spectrum.

I watch a lot of Hong Kong movies (the gangster movies from Dragon Dynasty for instance) and their mixes are great, that's when I realized it wasn't my system's inadequacies as much as it was the mixing.

The only other advise I can give is if you are going to have professional installation, wait until you've messed around with the components a bit to get the proper placement and configuration. Make sure everything is where you want it cause it's bitchcakes to move.

One other piece of advice, Harmony remote, the most expensive one you can afford.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"