View Single Post
coconut wireless

2005-11-27, 02:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X
Thanks for the link...but I figured it out. I had to erase the LaCie HD first. Now I'm able to copy the home folder without any problems.

Is the home folder all I need to copy for backup? Again, I'm interested in backing up iTunes music, documents, pictures, emails, etc.
oh yeah..thanks for changing the title for me...appreciate it...
Well while trying to find out something about exporting my bookmarks from Safari to Firefox or Netscape I ran across your posting. I have been putting off backing up to my new LaCie HD because I wasn't quite sure how to copy the e-mail folder and the bookmarks. However, I read your posting about having to erase your HD before you were able to copy the home folder without problems and then you were able to copy the whole folder. Why did you have to erase the HD first. So to copy I just turn the HD on and drag the folder to the icon and then burn it to the trash when finished? If I do that will it still leave the original folder in its original location? I hope you will still be checking this posting or get a notification because I could sure use some
input on this question.

surfin (the net) with Aloha
the coconut wireless