Thread: Pokémon GO
View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2016-07-09, 23:31

So, additional hilarious/weird observation from my trip out tonight. There are a lot more people playing this game than I would have imagined. I saw probably 6 or 8 people playing after 11 PM walking around my hometown downtown Cary, NC (it's a safe "old fashioned" downtown area with parks, winding sidewalks, and outdoor art exhibits). Okay okay I was out there too with my wife. But that's not the best of it...

There were I think 8 or 10 cars (maybe fewer if they looped around, maybe more I didn't notice) who were driving to the nearby pokéstops, pulling to the side of the road for a moment to get the items from inside their car, and then continuing on to the next nearby stop maybe 100 feet away. You could tell because they stopped at EXACTLY the right places, and the driver or passenger had their phone lighting up their face. DUDE. For all the gasoline you're wasting putting around town, just buy the frikkin' items!

Oh, and I updated the first post with an end-of-day screenshot for maximum wtf-factor. That roughly works out to 12 miles and 950 calories burned. If you ever wanted an addiction that gets you some extra cardio, this is it.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.