View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-11-05, 21:05

So, I have an "Apple did an amazing thing again!" comment.

I took my wife's to the GB today so I could let Apple do the swap. While waiting for the Genius to come out and assist me I put the MBP on the table and the battery on top of it. A few people came over an marveled at the fact that I pulled the battery.

When the Genius came over he asked why I removed it and I explained how it was so my wife could use her machine. I explained about the swelling of the battery and malformation of the trackpad. He felt the trackpad popped up and said he would do a diagnostic on it and let me know what was the next step. I told him I was ok with paying the $130 for the battery swap if needed.

He came back a little later and said he had good and bad news. The bad news is that my battery was to old for swelling coverage. The good news was that he dropped the battery in the back and cracked the case on it. That meant he couldn't give it back to me and had to replace it for free.

Good job Apple! At least I'm very thankful that the Genius dropped it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.