View Single Post
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2018-05-14, 08:08

What Brad said about Apple being less interesting exactly fits how I feel (once again this forum enlightens.) I couldn't put my finger on it.

I guess the awesome innovation stops when a company is on top. They don't want to rock the boat too much. The status quo is basically what they want. After all, the status quo is them being number one, raking in all the dough. But, somehow, I think Steve Jobs would have kept Apple interesting. His objective had always been about world-changing technology, not profit-making (that was just an inevitable side effect.) Even though, as CEO, profit is supposed to be your only motive. Maybe that's why he was so reluctant about returning to the CEO spot. He felt he didn't have the right mindset.

So, um, where does everybody go to discuss this stuff, if not here? Facebook?!? I tried it. Well, I mean, I have an account that I never use because I just don't get it. I don't see how it even compares to a forum such as this. I must be a grumpy old man. "I don't understand" Maybe it's changed since I gave it a whirl. I don't know.

Ugh.