View Single Post
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2018-05-15, 00:12

For me it was the walled garden that fizzled out a lot of enthusiasm. I like apple stuff, but I don't work/live the Apple way. I run into to many really, really dumb hurdles and I've raised up my arms and screamed "WHY!" at my computer more then I care to admit.

When I have to google where some button moved or hid, I felt the team lost their way. I'm sure there are amazing programmers, but I question who's calling the shots now.

And their Pro Apps... OH Lordy! Compare any current app to the one it replaced. It may not have cloud features, but so what; there is SO. MUCH. MORE. The old apps were written with experience, passion, and ambition to be #1! Aperture vs Photos... *Facepalm* That is cheap crap. Anything Photos can do Aperture couldn't could be added as a plugin.

Also, I'm a tad bitter if you couldn't tell. I had 11 years of experience with Final Cut Pro, just graduated in Film, and Apple pulled out the rug from many of us. The FCPX transition sucked, too many missing features and equipment incompatibilities, and the industry turned away to other tools. Then the Blueray licensing powerstruggle kicked in ending any chance of including Apple in our workflows. I got hooooosed by an employer and never recovered

Oh, on a side note, I swapped the CPU's of my 12-core Mac Pro with a couple Xeon X5690's and got a nice bump in speed. . That was an easy upgrade and for $250, I've heard its faster then any Mac Pro apple sells. Woot.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET